Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Collectors Cut challenge #4

This week's challenge was a lucky draw for me! I drew 50 States, Destinations and Old West. When I was a child, my family used to take camping/sightseeing trips every summer. I wanted to use this week's challenge to get me started on these childhood vacation albums. I will be able to use many cuts from these cartridges throughout the albums as I create the pages.

I used WorldWin Treasures cardstock, Rock Candy Distress Stickles, brads, DMC embroidery floss and a plain old black gel pen.

Summer 1976

Summer 1977

Please stop by The Collectors Cut to see what else has been created for this challenge and link your challenge projects too.

Thanks for looking!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Collectors Cut challenge #3

This week's challenge had me using the From My Kitchen and Summer in Paris cartridges. "What in the world can I make with this combination?!?!?!" was my first thought. LOL I decided to alter one of the many mini notebooks I have in a drawer. I buy them at Michaels from the $1 bin when they're on clearance because you can never have enough scratch paper and you can't pass up a bargain. :D

I used From My Kitchen for the tab dividers and Summer in Paris for the balloon.

I used My Minds Eye patterned paper, Martha Stewart glitter and $1 bin bling from Michaels. I really wanted to bling this up because that's what I think of when I look at the Summer in Paris cartridge.

Stop over at The Collectors Cut to see what the gals have been up to.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"snow" banner

I was asked by my son's teacher to come up with a craft that the class could make at their holiday party before break. I decided on a small banner that was winter-themed to make sure I didn't offend anyone.

I used my Cricut to cut all the layers for this banner. The base layer was cut using Lacy Labels, the snowflake is from Winter Lace and the letters are from Opposites Attract. The papers are all older papers that I bought at Michaels quite awhile ago. I don't even know the names of the companies that made them. I tied it all together using strips of white tulle.

Thanks for looking!

Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Collectors Cut challenge #2

My cartridges for this week's challenge were Hello Kitty Font and Wedding Solutions. I have to admit, I was a bit worried about this one. I don't typically get to do "girly" projects but then I remembered the pillow boxes on the Wedding Solutions AND that Valentines Day is coming up in a few weeks. So, I created treat boxes for my son's classmates for Valentine's Day.

I used the Wedding Solutions cart for the pillow box (cut at 5 1/4"), the flower (cut at 12") and the label (resized on my Gypsy to 1.4"). I used Hello Kitty Font for '4' and 'u' (cut at 1" and welded on my Gypsy).

I scored the pillow box and assembled it using Terrifically Tacky Tape. I layered my cuts and added a circle that I punched out, stamped with a 'Happy Valentines Day' stamp and edged with some pale yellow glitter glue from Studio G. I decided to use some irridescent ribbon to tie in with all of the glitter and shimmer in the papers.

I used alligator-embossed shimmer cardstock from American Crafts, glitter cardstock from My Mind's Eye Laundry Line and gold flecked cardstock from DMD for this project.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

project for The Collectors Cut

My cartridges to use for this challenge were Mickey Font and Graphically Speaking.

I chose to use the license plate and the raffle ticket to create a mini. I cut the license plate at 4 1/4" and the raffle ticket at 1 1/2".

I used my Gypsy to weld the cuts for the title ... m and y from Mickey Font cut at 3/4" and 'top ten' from Graphically Speaking cut at 2 3/4".

I folded the license plates in half to create the pocket pages. I then made pulls from cardstock cut at 3 3/4" by 2 7/8" and folded the raffle tickets in half the long way and adhered those to the end to create the 'pull'.

I decided to embellish the mini using cuts from Graphically Speaking. I cut the base layer at 3", the middle layer at 2" and the top layer at 1". I used my fingers to give them a little shape and topped them off with a button to match.

Here are a couple pictures of the inside of the mini ...

I used K & Company's Urban Rhapsody patterned papers, Bazzill Cardstock, ProvoCraft cardstock (for the license plates), Favorite Findings buttons, American Crafts ribbons, VersaMagic's Jumbo Java chalk ink, chipboard (4 1/2" for the covers) and my Bind-It-All with a 1" wire.

Stop at to see what else has been created!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Okay, I admit ...

I am a collector! :D I now own over 120 Cricut cartridges and have decided that I need to put them to better use. There they sit, all alone, just waiting for the love. :(

So ... a few friends and I have decided that we will start challenging ourselves to use our cartridges on a regular basis. We will each pull 1 or 2 cartridges from our collection, make a project of choice and share with you on our blog, The Collectors Cut (

Come visit us to see our creations and get YOUR creative juices flowing.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...