Wednesday, June 23, 2010

graduation banner

My husband's niece graduated from high school recently. Her party is in the next couple of weeks so I decided to make a banner for her to hang up. I got the idea from Tammy, a friend on the Cricut MB. You can view Tammy's banner that she made for her daughter on her blog >>> http://theeventqueen.blogspot.com/

I used Core'dinations cardstock, Glimmer Mist, my Cuttlebug & a couple of embossing folders, my Cricut & a few cartridges, a little bit of embroidery floss and some white tulle.



All of the elements were cut using my Cricut with the exception of the base square. I used Hannah Montana for the font, Celebrations for the scalloped square and Wild Card for the graduation cap. The cap is actually a card cut which I then cut down to a single cap. I used embroidery floss for the tassel.



I used my Cuttlebug to emboss the scalloped squares with the Stars Cuttlebug embossing folder and the Tim Holtz Dot Matrix embossing folder to emboss the letters.



Once I assembled all the squares I sprayed them with Pearl Glimmer Mist. I then tied everything off with strips of white tulle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...