Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"One (Wo)Man's Trash is Another (Wo)Man's Treasure"

I made these boxes for the GIBBS Round 3 swap on the Cricut Messageboard. My partner, Jessilala, has her craft room decorated in plum, artichoke and mustard.

As you can tell by the post title this is my trash that I made into her treasure. These boxes were originally varnished w/ brown handles. I took the palm sander to them and coated them in a whitewash.



I used my Cricut, Gypsy and Heritage & Opposites Attract cartridges for the flourishes and words.







I coated the boxes with Mod Podge. I was going to use the original brown handles but as I was reattaching them one of the handles broke. I decided to break off all of the handles and use the posts and attach some plum grosgrain ribbon to replace them. I think they look much better now.



I bought the multi-colored trim from Jo-Ann Fabrics before this project was even started. When I found out the colors in Jessilala's craft room I knew that I just had to use it on these boxes.

1 comment:

  1. And... one holds all of my Jolee's and embellishments. One holds all of my fibers and one holds paper scraps nicely organized and patterns for patter flowers. I had the best partner in the whole wide world. Thanks Paula Love you,
    Jessilala

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...