when you take these items and mix 'em up?
Glittered brads you made yourself!
I picked these brads up from Jo-Ann Fabrics awhile ago when they were greatly reduced in price just so I could try this out. I had all kinds of Martha Stewart glitters I hadn't used so I jumped in and tried something new.
These are the steps I took to make them:
1) Press the heads (don't forget the edges) into your glue pad.
2) Dip them in your glitter.
3) Let them dry for a few hours or overnight.
4) Push the brads into some thick foam (but not all the way) to hold them for spraying and drying.
5) Spray with Clear Coat. Make sure to do this outside when there isn't a lot of humidity otherwise the drying process will be prolonged.
6) Let them dry for at least 24 hours.
Here are a couple of close-ups of the finished brads ...
Try them for yourself ... they were very easy to make. :D